Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Do Women in General Lack Self Esteem?



Is women and their lack of self esteem a common problem or is it just me? Really, every girl I come across seems to have a bit of this problem. While some are extreme, the rest are considerably subdued. I know that women are more sensitive creatures in general, but this problem seems to be a little deeper than that? I mean, we all know how women hate negative feedback (doesn’t everyone?). But yes, I will agree to the fact that they are extra sensitive when it comes to their, work, appearance or body being talked about.

I just can’t get over the fact that men just seem to pay no attention when their friends crack jokes about their appearance. If my girlfriends did that beyond a certain level, I’d break off all ties with them! Honestly, if you think I’m ugly or fat, keep it to yourself! Now, that we have that cleared up, let’s talk about the real self esteem issues that need to be sorted out. I’m not talking about women’s sensitivity to mild criticism. Most women get over it at some point. I’m talking about those women who think they are truly not worth much.



We all probably know one or two people like that. It’s strange how these are the girls who keep ending up with the wrong sort of guys. When I say wrong, I do not mean the quintessential bad boys who have set all our hearts ablaze at some point in our teenage.  I mean the kind of abusive and un-gentlemanly men who any normal person in their right mind, would not want to spend much time with.

Yet, there are these perfectly sweet and smart young girls who are ready to put up with their erratic behaviour. If tried to talk out of it, you would often hears things like ‘I deserve nothing better’ or ‘I brought this on myself’ etc. from them. It’s disturbing how some people just fail to see what wonderful human beings they are and how much they are capable of achieving. In all our lives, we come across at least a few people who for some reason love to point out the bad points in us. These people derive some kind of sadistic pleasure from trying to prove what failures we have been in our lives. 



But, think about it. At the end of the day, it’s our life. Will you let someone else talk you into believing that you have achieved nothing? Even shaping yourself into the person you are today is nothing less than an achievement. It is essential that all those who suffer from such low self esteem, remember this. Seriously girls, you are perfectly capable of judging your own qualities. So stop thinking you are any less deserving than any one else and for God’s sake! Stop asking others about their opinions! Be confident about who you are, and don’t let anyone make you feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment